The back cover of book reads:
"Get hands-on, expert guidance for developing custom database applications.
Get the strainghtforward information you need to learn the core programability feature
in SQL Server 2005. This guide offers hands-on programming instructions, poractical
examples, and code samples to help you design and develop robust database applications
and business intelligence."
And I found that to be true.
This books helps me to:
- Program views, stored procedures, triggers and functional using T-SQL.
- Work with the new XML data type and XQuery method.
- Automate common administration and maintenance task.
- Debug database, reposts, and objects using VS 2005.
- Write transactional code and implement local and distributed transactions.
- Develop mobile data applications using SQL Server 2005 Everywhere Edition.
- Use SQL Server notification Services to develop applications that deliver event-driven
notificatiosn to the user.
- Use business intelligence tools, such as SQL Server Reporting Service and OLAP and
data mining components.